Tuesday, July 9, 2024

Father's Day 2024

Although Father's Day is a little more tender these days but even though he is not here for me to hug, I am so grateful for this day to celebrate my amazing day. I spent some time looking through old pictures and remembering so many fun memories. I grew up knowing kindness and love, how to shoot a basketball and throw a football, and how to work hard. I am so gratful for my dad's example in loving the Lord, putting our family first always, and his great love for our country. He was a tremendous example of what a father should be.
I'm also grateful for a day where we get to celebrate David. My kids are so lucky to have him! I made him a blueberry french toast casserole for brunch and then we headed off to church where we listened to some beautiful talks that were NOT about fathers. The speakers did incorporate a story or quote about fathers into their talks but that was it. It made me a little sad because it was the same on Mother's Day. We definitely need to celebrate these divine roles because the world has stopped doing so. For second hour the men socialized in the gym but as one of David's Father's Day gifts we all just headed home, ha ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment