Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Day 6 - The Salt Pond

We got an early start to the day because we were heading to the Salt Pond which is about an hour's drive to the other side of the island. We got there around 9:00 and it was already packed. We just have to get used to the fact that St. John is not the best kept secret anymore!
Gorgeous day, beautiful weather, amazing Caribbean water, cool boats close to shore, lots of playing in the sand!
Our master sand castle builder!
The kids did a little snorkeling and were able to find tons of shells, including some great conch shells like this one...
and little shells that were definitely not vacant.
The water!!!
And just snackin'...
relaxin'...
and hangin' out. I think in this picture everyone is picking out the burs that got in absolutely everything and on everyone!  Boy, did they hurt!
David and Ryan took the kids on a hike which was a ton of fun for them.
Xander making sure cute little Ciara doesn't fall.
They found some cool coconut thing. I love Ciara's face in this picture.
Our cute kids!
The kids spent some time teaching Grandpa how to dab - here are a few of his efforts.
Nailed it, Dad! I'm just there to be his sidekick.
Love my dad!!
And my Xander!
And can't forget my amazing, beautiful sis!
The kids got in a little more swimming...
and my mom and I went snorkeling. I usually don't snorkel much because it's not one of my favorites. I ALWAYS struggle with getting water in my mask (no exception on this occasion). Despite the leaky mask I had a wonderful time. My mom always spots the coolest things and kept bringing up beautiful conch shells. We saw tons of fish, sea turtles, a purple slug, and even some clam shells.
All too soon it was time to pack up and head home. The hike back to the car is never fun.
This is what a long day in the sun and a long car ride home look like! This has to be one of the cutest pictures from our trip!
Dinner was leftovers, nightly devotional was given by Ryan about our own personal Liahona. Dad then told an ancestor story about Grandma Schaeffer's dad losing money in the Great Depression. The kids watched Epic and played pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment