Monday, August 17, 2020

Thankful For Seminary

November is a month where we focus a little more on the things we are grateful for. One of the greatest blessings in my life is my calling as a seminary teacher. Oh, how I love spending each morning studying the gospel of Jesus Christ with my amazing kids! I love when they share their insights on the readings;

how willing they are to pose for pictures for me...well, most of the time. Ali's body language is priceless!!
One of my seniors was the first to show up one morning, a first for her in the two years I'be been teaching. Of course we had to celebrate!
We all love Fridays when we get to enjoy a little breakfast as we study our scriptures!
Grace - one of my lights!
Their awesome newspaper stories for The New Testament Times!
And more breakfast, ha ha!
I wish I could post the videos they made one Friday. We had two groups perform a different parable - The Good Samaritan and the Unforgiving Servant. They were amazing! It's probably the only time a student was ever "beat up" in seminary! The two groups showing a little love after their performances.
I am so grateful when they do some of the teaching (though they might not be as thrilled...).
Pictures with the Great Shepherd who we are all truly grateful for!
The day before Thanksgiving break we had some fun. We made gratitude bracelets to help us remember the story of the ten lepers - nine brown beads to represent the nine ungrateful lepers and one cream bead for the one who went back to the Lord and thanked him.
We also had a turkey shoot!
They got to see how many Doctrinal Mastery turkeys they could shoot down!
The finished bracelets!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment