Sunday, October 28, 2012

Trunk or Treat

Thank goodness for the Trunk or Treat at church, especially as Hurricane Sandy approaches and we don't know if there will be regular trick or treating on Halloween! The weather was absolutely beautiful this year, unlike last year when everyone was so bundled up to survive the freezing cold temperatures that a person couldn't even tell what everybody was dressed up as. David and I fell short on the brilliant costume ideas this year so last second I threw on my Utah Ute shirt and paired it with my devil wig and horns. I figured since all the BYU fans in our ward think we're heathens anyway I would play up that angle. Upon pulling my devil wig out of our costume bin I happened across a BYU hat. Who knows why we would have such a thing in our house but it ended up being perfect - David wore it and was the sweet, angelic BYU guy and I was the devilish Ute. People in the ward got a kick out of it!
Savannah's friend from school came along for the fun and they had a great time collecting candy!
Xander was the Phantom of Death though he didn't like wearing the hood on his robe. Although he did collect some candy he had more fun hanging out with David at the car and handing out the treats to all the kids.
This year Noah chose to be a knight and asked multiple times a day to go look at his costume which I kept in my closet so it wouldn't be ruined before he could wear it for actual trick or treating. He sure looked cute!
The great candy swap! Every year the kids divide up their candy and trade the kinds they don't want in hopes of getting something more to their taste. It cracks us up.
Once again we had another fun time at the annual trunk or treat. Not only is it fun to hang out with friends and get candy but I love seeing all the fabulous costumes that people come up with! We had the wicked witch of the west, Charlie Chaplin and the orphan, and our bishop was the chef guy from the Muppets but the best came from the Blood family once again who got their inspiration from the opening sequence of Raiders of the Lost Ark. Jon was Indiana Jones, Megan was the huge boulder Indy runs from in the cave, their little boy Seth was a native, and their little girl Catherine was the golden idol Indy was after. I wish I had gotten a picture! Can't wait to get the creative juices flowing for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment