Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Leprechauns

A few days after St. Patrick's Day a bunch of women on Facebook were singing the praises of a blog posted by a mom that called for moms everywhere to tone down the excess on holidays. She stated that when she was younger the only thing kids did on St. Patrick's Day was wear green. Now moms everywhere go overboard with leprechaun antics and gold coins and we need to stop because it's just too much for moms like her. Well, all I can say to that woman is Bah Humbug to you! We welcome all leprechauns at our house and my kids thoroughly enjoy setting traps, seeing their shoes on the overhead fan, and collecting all the gold. And as for me, I don't need another mom criticizing the fun that I have with my kids just because it's different than the fun she wants to have with hers. For me holidays are one of the bright spots of being a mom so bring on the leprechauns!
We had our traditional yummy dinner of Corned Beef and Cabbage!
We also had a St. Patrick's Day movie marathon, watching Darby O'Gill and the Little People, The Quiet Man, and The Secret of Roan Inish. We love St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment