Friday, April 5, 2013

We Love the Scriptures!

I am so proud of our little family - we made it through another reading of the wonderful Book of Mormon!
It is not always easy. Some mornings the kids or I will be running late and we only can read a few verses. Other mornings one of the kids will be in a bad mood and make our reading time less than pleasurable. The best is when Noah doesn't feel like reading so he will angrily yell out the words in his verse. This morning was one such morning but I had to laugh and tell Noah his yelling was fitting the verse perfectly - it was Laman and Lemuel's angry response to Nephi. However, I have to say that most mornings we feel the Spirit as we read about the faithful men and women in the Book of Mormon and the words we read set the tone for our day. I love having discussions with my kids about the ancient prophets, about faith, about the plan of salvation, about the Atonement, and about our Savior. It's so amazing to hear their thoughtful responses to questions raised by different situations. I especially love hearing Noah tell us all about his favorite scripture hero, Samuel the Lamanite, and show us the picture he drew of this courageous man.  The things we read are sinking in!
After finishing the book I had the kids either write or draw their testimony of the Book of Mormon, something I plan on doing after each future reading. Savannah let me read hers and I was so impressed with what she was able to take away from her reading.  Noah's picture he drew of the Savior hanging out with a knight brought a smile to my face. Well, we all start somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment