Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Longwood Gardens

Savannah and I decided that we needed a fun field trip so one day we headed up to Longwood Gardens with two of my good friends, Heidi and Kara. Located in Pennsylvania, Longwood Gardens has over 1,077 acres of gardens, woodlands, and meadows (yes, I totally just stole that from a brochure). We had such a great time looking at all the beautiful varieties of flowers, plants, and trees. It was a great way to spend a day!
Our first stop of the day was at the musical fountain display.
We spent a lot of time in the conservatory...there were so many flowers!
Savannah and I both loved the humongous lily pads!
Watch out for the Venus Flytrap!
Savannah's favorite was the Chimes Tower; she said it looked like Rapunzel's tower. I totally agree!
Climbing the tower stairs. Thank goodness we didn't have to climb up any one's hair.
I loved the topiary garden.
Savannah always finds the cats!
It was a beautiful day!

1 comment:

  1. That's one of my favorite places to visit! Abi and I also said the Chimes Tower looked like Rapunzel's! We loved it, too. How fun she was able to go with all of you! I love that.

    ReplyDelete