Tuesday, April 26, 2016

January Activities

Althought the blizzard was the main event in January, we still had plenty of other fun things go on. David, Savannah, and Xander spent an evening helping feed the homeless at a local shelter. Along with several other members of our ward, they helped prepare BBQ chicken sandwiches and salads for dinner...
and then sandwiches for the next day's lunch.
I was super proud of them for doing this service!
David and I were able to attend a stake High Priest temple session with a wondeful meeting beforehand in the temple chapel. It was such a beautiful day spend in the beautiful House of the Lord.
Although the heavens rained down a lot of snow on us, they also produced some beautiful sunsets throughout the month. Unfortunately I only had my phone camera on this spectacular evening.

We also started our monthly Parent/Kid dates back up. Noah and I went to Barnes and Noble to get a new book and then stopped at the Starbucks for a creamy, delicious caramel frappacino. Noah was thrilled!
Savannah and I went to Dunkin Donuts for some hot cocoa and donuts. Yum!!
Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of David and Xander's date but they stayed up late one night and watched both of the Sherlock Holmes movies.  (I was just slightly jealous!)

For one Family Home Evening activity we got our craft on and made some cute little snowmen. We had made them at our YW Christmas party and they were so easy and so dang cute I thought the boys would get a kick out of making them.
Getting some help from Dad!
When you're doing anything snow-related, even if it's just a snow craft, you must have hot cocoa!
Our little snowman family!

No comments:

Post a Comment