Monday, August 8, 2016

Beach Day

During the middle of the night I woke up because my lips were hurting. As I touched them I could tell that the bottom lip was pretty swollen but as there's really nothing one can do in the middle of the night with swollen lips I went back to sleep. By morning I could tell they were even worse. When I pointed them out to David he didn't seem to notice the difference until he put his glasses on...then his eyes bugged out at my unsightly appearance! He quickly got dressed and headed out to buy me a $17 box of Benadryl (ugh!) while I stayed in the room and tried to bring down the swelling by icing them. At first we thought I might have had an allergic reaction to something I ate, hence the Benadryl purchase, but I had a feeling it might have had something to do with the sirachi sauce on the tempura broccoli I had had at dinner. At the time of eating it I remember my lips feeling like they were on fire and I commented throughout the remainder of the evening about the burning sensation I was feeling on my lips. Thank goodness between the ice and the drugs my lips were close enough to looking normal that I felt like I could go to breakfast but my lips continued to be a source of pain throughout the rest of the day.
Thursday was such a relaxing day as we just hung out at the beach. (Notice my slightly larger and redder bottom lip.)
The water was way too cold for me so I didn't get in much father than my knees.

David and Pete were able to withstand the cold a little better than I could and actually did some swimming.
I told them to run out of the water like they were sexy lifeguards from Baywatch. Way to run, you two!
While we weren't freezing it out in the water we spent time napping or reading. Ahhh, it was so delightful!
Troy had arranged for us to have dinner at the ultra chic restaurant, Nobu, at the same time that he would be there with his management team so that evening we headed back to the Atlantis hotel where the restaurant is located. We walked around the beautiful grounds for a bit before our dinner reservation.
Yet another cool item I found at the Atlantis.
Needless to say our experience at Nobu was less than stellar. My lips had developed small blisters and were killing me so I didn't eat a ton and what I did have wasn't that great. The service was horrible - as soon as our waiter found out we weren't drinking alcohol, he passed us off to another server. No one checked on us once our dinner was served so we never got drink refills or a chance to order anything else. Thank goodness we kept in good spirits and spent the majority of our meal laughing. We even thought about ordering the famous steak that cost $39 an ounce with a 2 ounce minimum order and then dividing it four ways just to tick off our server. This location of Nobu was definitely not worth all the hype but the company was fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment