Sunday, December 1, 2019

Fun With the Activity Day Girls

In early May I was released from my calling as 1st counselor in the Young Women. It had been just over 5 years since I had been called to serve in the YW presidency, about 4 1/2 years serving with Melissa as my president. My emotions were mixed. Serving with the youth is definitely the best calling and being in a leadership role with Melissa and Sommer by my side was the most fun I have ever had in a calling. But I had felt like my time was coming to an end and frankly, between YW and teaching seminary, I was plum wore out! But oh, what a blessing the past few years have been in my life! Some pictures from a few of our last activities:
learning to crochet so we can make red baby hats to donate to hospitals for babies with heart problems...
silly games (what else is new?!?!)...
and a night out to see the new movie Avengers: Endgame.

Once I was released David asked me if I would be willing to help out with the Activity Day girls. One of the leaders had recently moved and they hadn't yet replaced her so my dear friend Kim was the sole leader of about 12/13 girls! Of course I agreed and found working with Kim and hanging out with these cute girls to be so much fun! The first activity I was a judge of some pretty amazing cupcake designs (they were based on different themes) and of course appointed myself the new photographer.
For our next activity we took advantage of the beautiful May weather and  got the girls outdoors riding bikes and scooters and blowing lots of bubbles!
Even David got in on the action!
They then wrote sweet messages to David around his car...
and finished the evening with ice cream. I truly love this church that provides so many opportunities to serve!

No comments:

Post a Comment