Friday, November 25, 2022

Rolling Into August

Just a boy and his dog!
Time with my dad. Heidi and I went down on a Sunday to be with him while Mom got some much needed rest.
And one Friday night I spent the night so she could get a full night's sleep. I will always remember this special night with him. He slept for a bit but around midnight he woke up and we watched TV, took trips to the bathroom, and shifted him from seat to seat. We didn't talk a ton, a little about the upcoming college football season, but mostly just sat there together in companionable silence. Such a treasured time.
In early August David had a business trip to Baltimore so he took Noah with him. Noah spent those few days with Parker and they had a fabulous time together! Noah even went to our old house to see Princess. She got right on his lap and gave him lots of cuddles.
Dad was so bummed about losing his hair during chemo but, once he stopped, it started growing back. I took this picture to show him how much hair he had again!
We celebrated Mom's birthday with dinner...
cake...
and presents.
The following sequence of pictures is absolutely amazing, ha ha!
My boys adore their grandma!
Before heading home we grabbed some silly pictures of Bryan with Lincoln, ha ha...
and then some with the boys.
Bryan was leaving for Florida for a new teaching job at Flagler so we wouldn't be seeing him for a few months. Goodbyes are always hard.
While going through such a rough time with Dad's declining health, I made sure to capture those little things that reminded me that life is beautiful and God is amazingly good. Beautiful sunsets...
and Black-eyed Susans always fill me with joy!

No comments:

Post a Comment