Thursday, February 8, 2024

Our Sick Noah

All throughout November and December Noah battled cold after sore throat after cold. It seemed like he was always sick! And then he'd get over it just to fall again the next week. Around Christmas he started having the same symptoms but this time he developed a horrible hacking cough that was keeping him up during the night. I tried all my tricks and we had some leftover prescription cough syrup that I gave him but two days after Christmas he crashed. For the next week he really tried to be involved in some of our fun family activities but mainly spent his time in bed. His throat started hurting so bad right before he had to go back to school that, the day he was to return, I took him to the doctor instead. I wanted to rule out strep as well as get something to help his cough at night so he could sleep. Well, turns out the poor kid had walking pneumonia! The doctor started him on antibiotics and a steroid right away. He missed Thursday and Friday of school but was able to make it back the following week and was able to recover pretty quickly. I wish I had taken him in sooner, poor kid!

No comments:

Post a Comment