Wednesday, August 29, 2012

17 Years!

David decided that the usual card and gift exchange for our anniversary wasn't good enough; this year he decided to make it real memorable! Tuesday morning, the day David and I celebrated our 17 years of marriage, I received a phone call from him informing me that he had been in an accident but that he was okay. Apparently the car driving in the lane next to him didn't realize that their lane was coming to an end, indicated by the roadside vehicle with flashing lights visible from a quarter mile away. David said that he started to slow down to let the car merge because he could see that they would need to get over. Who knows what kind of conversation must have been going on in that car for the driver to be completely unaware of the road ahead of him and he hit head on, at full speed, into the trailer of the roadside truck. Their car spun twice and, even though David had slowed down and was behind them about 2-3 car lengths, he was still hit by their car. Thank goodness David was fine, having seen it play out in front of him and was able to brace for impact. The poor family in the other car suffered from pretty severe injuries and 3 of them were boarded up and taken away in an ambulance. Hopefully they all survived. One of the numerous officers that arrived at the scene told David he was amazed there were no deaths.  David was extremely shaken up but otherwise just fine. When he sent me the pictures I got sick to my stomach and quickly said a prayer of thanks to my Heavenly Father for watching over my husband.   Although this was not exactly the way I wanted my anniversary to go I am so grateful that I had my husband walk through our door later that day.

The roadside truck with trailer, crumpled.
The other car. Another major blessing for us was that David's car received minimal damage.
And yes, I did receive some beautiful flowers!

No comments:

Post a Comment