Saturday, August 18, 2012

Soccer Camp, Week 2

The ages for North Bay Soccer Camp are 7-15 but the director of the camp, Bill, is so kind to me and allowed me to bring Noah for a couple days during the second week. I knew that Noah's time limit was about an hour and half and we only did it two mornings but I think for the short time he was there he had a lot of fun. It was even more fun for Noah since his buddy Ben was at camp as well.
Jan made Noah feel very welcome at camp by giving him a ride in the lunch cart!
My little leftie!
My fun little boys group. Gotta love Xander trying to do his zombie eyes for the group shot. Someday I'll post one of him doing that because it is truly creepy!
The kids all love Coach Paul!
Jersey day. Yay for Barcelona!
One of my teenage boys brought me a Milky Way since he knows I love them. What a sweetie!
Our lunches were almost as entertaining as the soccer. Almost every day at lunch we had some kid putting on a show. This day we had a group of them cracking us up with the song they had come up with and their hilarious dance moves.
Week 2 North Bay Soccer Group. Smaller this week but still loads of fun!
The infamous Camper/Counselor game occurred on Friday. For the twenty-something years that there has been a North Bay soccer camp the campers have NEVER beat the counselors. Xander was convinced that his group was finally going to do it and was quite upset when they didn't. It's a lot of fun for everyone but as a coach, boy, do I get tired. Playing 4 to 5 games in a row wears me out!

Coach Paul went for the Indian chief look to intimidate the young ones.
There were no pictures of these games to post here because my cameraman, David, ended up playing goalie for the younger groups and then the counselor's goalie for the teenage group game. It was fun to have him involved especially when I scored on him twice!
The coaches!
Xander with Coach Paul.
The new coach this year was Coach David; he ended up being Xander's favorite (after me, of course). The kids really enjoyed having him around.
This year the soreness and the bruises didn't last as long as years previous. The kids were great and once again Savannah, Xander, and I had a blast! We can't wait for next summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment