Monday, March 11, 2013

Bobcat

The other night I was watching TV in our family room when I heard some rustling on our back deck. Thinking the raccoons were into the cat food again, I grabbed the broom from the kitchen, ran to the back door and threw it open, ready to send that raccoon back to the woods with my powerful broom swipe. Instead I was greeted by the vicious snarl of a bobcat!

Okay, totally kidding but it makes a good story to go along with the title, right? Actually Xander earned his Bobcat in scouts and received his award and pin in the Pack Meeting in December. Still very thrilling!
Pinning on the mom's pin...this made me a little nervous but Xander did a good job and didn't poke me.
One happy scout!
The activity for the meeting was putting together wooden schoolhouse frames. Thank goodness there were enough for siblings because the kids had a blast, especially the whole hammering part.
They turned out really cute and our kids ended up giving these to their teachers as a Christmas gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment