Friday, March 15, 2013

Dates!

A couple months ago I found Pinterest and I have spent many evenings perusing all the wonderful ideas and pinning them away for future use. But the best is actually DOING some of those great ideas! I found the cutest stocking stuffer idea - 12 months of dates with Mom and Dad!
The boys and Savannah alternate months between me and David so for January Savannah had a movie date with David. She had been begging us to see Les Miserables and after much discussion David and I finally decided to let her go. There were two parts she was not allowed to watch but to her what she did see was magical and she fell in love with the story. David said she sobbed at the end, cried all the way home, and was still teary eyed when I tucked her into bed. For the past few weeks she has spent a lot of time singing all the songs and Les Miserables is now her favorite movie.

I got the boys for January and my date with Noah was a dinner date. Red Robin was his choice of restaurant and we had a fun time together.
Xander's January date was a trip to Barnes and Noble to pick out a book and then we got a yummy frappuccino from the Starbucks next door.
For February Xander got to go to breakfast with David and I treated Savannah to a book at Barnes and Noble (along with a frap from Starbucks, of course!) Noah's date was a woodworking project with David. Noah is big into police Legos so when he saw a wooden bank project from Lowes he knew he had to get it. His Legos robbers NEED a bank to rob!
One happy little guy! He even has a bunch of coins to put in it!

1 comment:

  1. That is a great idea!! I am so glad you have some time for catch up blogging! Looks like you guys have been super busy with lots of activities!! Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete