Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Mother's Day

I'm so bummed that I didn't take a single picture of me with my kids on Mother's Day but I did spend a lot of the day sleeping due to some serious back pain so the perfect photo op just wasn't there. The day started off well with David and the kids serving me breakfast in bed and then we headed to church where I loved hearing my kids, along with the rest of the Primary children, sing to all the mothers. I headed home after sacrament meeting and got well rested to receive all the fun songs, cards, and gifts my kids had in store for me that evening. Starting with Noah - I got lots of great drawings and a fun questionnaire about myself. According to Noah I am 24 years old, my hair is brown and my eyes are green (close, buddy), I love to eat mac and cheese (that's one of his favorites), his favorite thing about me is that I bought him a knight coloring book, and his favorite thing to do with me is watch TV (I guess he's talking about watching sports because other than that we don't watch TV).
The cutest gift from Noah was one he made at school. All the kids in his class told the teacher, Ms. Machovec, how his or her mom makes a favorite recipe. It was pretty hilarious! Noah drew a picture of me and him in the kitchen, complete with chef hats, and the recipe was of the pancakes I make.  Definitely an interesting choice since that is one thing I never cook in our house; pancakes are David's department. Anyway, here is the recipe according to Noah -
Ingredients: 7 milks, 3 powders, 5 syrups, 1 jam, 8 blueberries, 9 strawberries, and 6 honey. First she puts the milk on the pan. She puts the powder in the milk. She puts the strawberries and blueberries on top of the milk. She flips the pancakes after it's cooked for 3 minutes. Then she cuts it and then we eat it. I like it because of the strawberries and blueberries.
Xander gave me a huge stack of all these animals he has drawn as well as the questionnaire he filled out. Xander got my age right as well as my hair and eye color. Xander said I cook the best bacon sandwiches and I am smart because I know everything! My favorite thing to do is cuddle with him and I am happy when he kisses me. He said that if he could give me anything it would be a big kiss and he does give me plenty of those! Xander was most excited about giving me a yo yo, something he had saved up all his ABBYs from the past month at school to get.
And my Savannah...she painted me a lovely picture of a flower, made me a card, and also filled out a questionnaire.  In her answers she also mentioned something about bacon; I truly do not know why these kids think I love bacon so much (although it IS pretty tasty). Savannah said that I always say, "Be nice to your brothers!" and that she loves when I snuggle with her. Savannah's final gift to me was a jar of Hershey's chocolates. When I opened it, I noticed that it was only half full. She said that she just couldn't resist the dark chocolate so she had eaten some! Too funny!

1 comment:

  1. I love Noah's pancake recipe! Sounds like a great Mother's Day, other than the back problems.

    ReplyDelete