Sunday, September 1, 2013

Special Occasions

August is a special month for us - we celebrate our anniversary as well as David's birthday, both within a few days of each other. This year marks 18 years of marriage! Gone are the days of special getaways, though. This year we celebrated our big anniversary by heading to The Cheesecake Factory for a wonderful dinner. I have only eaten there once before and it was while David and I were in Nashville. Unfortunately I was recovering from the worst stomach flu I have ever experienced so when we went out for dinner I still wasn't up to truly enjoying any kind of food. This time, however, I thoroughly savored every bite.  And the cheesecake was divine! I had the Banana Cream and David devoured his Apple Pie. Cheesecake is the best!
My hottie husband of 18 years!
Two days later was David's birthday and we had decided to spend the day at Rehobath Beach, just like last year. Unfortunately Xander was still on the mend from a week long stomach bug so we didn't make it to the beach but we did head to Red Lobster for a tasty birthday dinner.
The kids love to check out the lobsters!
Gift time!
It's always so hard to buy David really great gifts. If there is something he wants he just goes ahead and gets it.  He had recently ordered some new shoes so I stole them and wrapped them up for his birthday.
What can I say? It's hard to find a time when everyone is happy at the same time. Noah is never too far from angry mode and Xander was still feeling a little under the weather. Oh, well, we were still able to have fun with Daddy on his birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment