Monday, May 19, 2014

My Beautiful Flowers

David got laid off at the end of January. Yes, total bummer. But what I was not expecting was the amazing month we had following his lay off. The last time he was laid off we had three months of nervousness, stress, good days, definitely some bad days, lots of time together, and lots of time worrying but we did survive and did make it through. This time around was a completely different experience. I can honestly say that neither of us had a bad or dark day. There was never a stressful moment, never a worry that things wouldn't work out. We felt supported and blessed the entire time he was out of work and even had an amazing faith-promoting experience that I will always cherish. Our Heavenly Father showed us time and time again that He is aware of us, knows our needs, and loves us tremendously. Who knew that such a trial would end up being such a great blessing in our lives but it definitely was. At the very end of February David got a new job, a job that he is extremely excited about and one that will challenge him. The only hard thing about this job is there is some travel involved and the days away from me and the kids came quickly. David spent much of March and April away from us, placing me in a single mom status. Thank goodness the kids are older and not as much work, other than the driving them around to various activities. One day while David was away these beautiful flowers arrived with a note telling me how much he loves and appreciates all that I am doing. He is the best!
Aren't they beautiful?

He doesn't buy me flowers very often so I was thrilled to get them!

1 comment:

  1. Aw!! That is sweet! You guys have a love and dedication to each other that is a great example!

    ReplyDelete