Wednesday, October 29, 2014

A Scary Campfire

At the time I didn't know it but the campfire we had for our Beehive class activity in October was to be my last with my sweet Beehives. We had this fun activity the night before my birthday and as I walked up all my girls started singing "Happy Birthday" to me...it was so sweet! They had also made some birthday signs that they had hung around the table. I was so touched!
For the next hour we enjoyed roasting marshmellows, eating s'mores and cookies, and telling spooky ghost stories.
Even Noah got to join in on the fun since David was out of town. He loved hanging out with all the pretty girls but the s'mores are what really captured his heart.
Savannah reading one of the short scary stories that I handed out for each girl to read.
Even I had to contribute to the spooky atmosphere and told the girls about the ghost tour David and I went on while staying in Gettysburg.  During the ghost tour the guide took us to a spot with heavy ghost activity which was "proven" by the numerous orbs that showed up on the pictures I took of the area. David didn't believe me but then I showed him pictures just down the street that were now orb-free. The girls started to get a little spooked when I told them about the orbs that started showing up in pictures I took in my family room shortly after I returned from this trip. The spook factor shot through the roof when I then related the story of reading in my family room late one night and all of a sudden feeling like someone was sitting next to me on the couch, staring at me. That was one of the most eerie feelings I've ever had and the Beehives got really freaked out!
I definitely need to show the girls this picture of an orb hovering right above Sydney's head!
Although the girls ended the evening a little freaked out, we all still had a great time!
When we got home, Savannah and Noah made me take a bunch of pictures in the family room to prove that there were no orbs, and therefore no ghosts, still hanging out in that room.
Orb free, thank goodness!

The Sunday following this activity I was released as 2nd counselor in the YW program and put in as 1st counselor which means I am now over the Mia Maids. I will definitely miss spending time with my Beehives but I will get a bunch of them over the next year as they move up to the Mia Maid class.

No comments:

Post a Comment