Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jamaica - Day 7

Ugh, our last full day in Jamaica. We totally tried to soak up everything we could. As we walked to breakfast I took pictures of all the lovely flowers that I had admired every morning. They are all so beautiful!
And of course the cool palm fronds or whatever they're called.
More beautiful flowers caught my eye as David and I headed to the spa so I stopped to take a few pictures. One of the hotel workers hurried over, picked one of the flowers for me, and then was nice enough to take a few pictures of me and David. What a sweetie!
My beautiful flower!
We decided to spend our last day at our favorite spot, Poseidon Cove beach. We took a picture from the cliff above just so we could always remember all the good memories in this beautiful little cove.
Heading to our usual morning spot.
Rather than just sunbathe, we decided to start our morning off with some kayaking. I had never done it before but David assured me it was easy.
Here we go!
It was NOT easy! I was putting so much work and effort into paddling and hardly going anywhere. Plus, being positioned that way in the kayak was killing my back!
After about 10 minutes (yes, I'm a wimp) I headed back to shore...and almost got run over by a big boat heading out to the ocean. Nice! David, however, stayed out for awhile longer, cruising all over the place.
Our morning was spent in the usual way - napping, reading, cooling off in the water. After one particular swim I was heading into shore, stroking at the water, when some movement caught my eye. With a quick scoop I was able to catch this little guy who had been swimming right in front of me.
He was just so tiny and cute and kept trying to pinch me but with pinchers that small I didn't feel a thing. I talked to him a bit and then gave him to that family with the extremely loud, active little boy. Yes, they were back again that morning. The little boy put him in his bucket and I'm hoping that the mom eventually put him back in the ocean.
Loud neighbors as well as chain-smokers helped us make the decision to have an early lunch. I didn't mind, though, since I was craving more jerk chicken from my favorite beach restaurant!
Yum yum!
Back down to the beach to our usual afternoon spot.
More lounging, reading, sleeping, swimming, and selfies. This one was my favorite of all the ones we took on our trip!
And of course more chasing sand crabs!
I even got some video of one little guy coming out of his hole with a huge clawful of sand and then chucking it. I must have spent 20 minutes watching that guy sweep out his home! David told me I was a total nerd. I know.
We had absolutely perfect weather the entire week but on this last afternoon we got a 20 minute rain shower. At first we hung out under a huge palm tree but then decided, what the heck?, and ran out into the ocean. What an enjoyable experience it was - swimming and kissing in the warm Caribbean water with the rain pouring down all around us!

Since it was our last night there was no way we were eating anywhere else; back to Lotus for us! A picture of the most incredible sushi I've ever had!! I'm salivating just looking at it and remembering how divine it was.
Heading back to our room, enjoying the beautiful moon and our last night in Jamaica.

No comments:

Post a Comment