Thursday, January 1, 2015

Jamaica - Day 3

Tuesday morning we woke up to a beautiful day though the wind is still blowing pretty strong. After another delicious breakfast buffet (I love the omelet lady), we took a stroll by the pool...
and then down by the beach.
Another cheesy pose, hee hee!
One of the hotel workers was kind enough to take a picture of the two of us, a rare treat!
I had to snap a shot of these cool mariachi statues; different iron statues were all over the resort.
This was the morning we went on our first excursion - horsebackriding!
The first 45 minutes of our ride was up through the jungles of Jamaica. We weren't allowed to take our camera on the ride which was unfortunate because it was absolutely beautiful and I would have loved to take a bunch of pictures. Our guide, Junior, was hilarious and had us all laughing with his many stories. He also showed us all the different produce growing along our trail - mangos, pineapples, and avocados, to name a few. As we went higher into the hills we passed by small one room huts, or shanties, and even had little children come out and wave to us. One particularly fascinating place we passed was an old ruin where they had once made molasses.
A picture of some of our horses.
After a short break we headed out on the horses one more time, this time for a ride in the ocean!!!
Once again no cameras were allowed so I took pictures of the 2nd group that went out just so I could always remember exactly what this experience was like. I will never forget taking that first plunge into the water - it was awesome!!! The water was perfect, not too cold, not too hot. It came all the way up to our waists and I got sprayed in the face a few times. And I loved my horse...he hummed the whole time we were in the water.
After our swim we walked around for a bit, taking pictures and enjoying the scenery.
After our fun morning we had lunch back at the resort and then it was back out to the beach for the rest of the afternoon. I had a lovely nap, read a few chapters in my book,
and loaded up on yummy pina coladas, a perfect addition to another wonderful afternoon.
Day 3 selfie! Oh, yes, they just keep coming!
I spotted some more little crabs and this time I even introduced a few of them to each other. This little guy wasn't too thrilled about finding a new buddy and started beating up on another crab before I broke them apart and sent them on their different ways. Yes, I'm a total nerd.
David seriously loves the palm trees.
Another breathtaking sunset!
Security guards were a constant presence which always makes a person feel a little better, especially when one is in a different country.
Dinner was at the Asian restaurant, Lotus, and oh, my goodness, it was amazing!! The sushi was the best I have ever had; it was so good that I ordered some for my dessert!
Such a pleasant surprise when we got back to our room -the housekeeper had left us a fun towel design.
The evening was beautiful and the wind had completely died down so I sat out on the deck to write in my journal. I was kept company by this cute little guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment