Sunday, December 28, 2014

Jamaica - Day 2

David woke up bright and early on Monday, day 2, of our fabulous vacation. At 6:00 he headed out to the deck, making a ton of noise on his way out there, thus waking me up. I considered joining him but was still so tired that I went back to sleep until about 7:30. I finally made my way out of bed and joined him on the deck to take in the lovely sight - the ocean!
And all the goats in the nearby field!
Breakfast was at the buffet where we gorged ourselves on omelets and yummy lemon danishes.
We took a morning stroll along the beach so I could get my feet in the water. I can't get enough of the warm Caribbean ocean! Along the stretch of beach where we walked there was a TON of seaweed, so much so that they had workers picking it up. We wondered if the storms they had right before we arrived in Jamaica had caused the massive amounts to wash up on the shore.
We hurried back to our room and gathered our stuff to spend the rest of our day at the beach. We had picked out this lovely spot earlier on our walk.
Not a bad view for the rest of our day!
We both did plenty of reading and napping and soaking up sunshine.
We made a quick trip up to the buffet for lunch where our waitress introduced me to a delightful blend of lemonade and sprite which became my staple drink for the rest of our trip. Then it was back down to the beach for more sleep and sun!
While David slept I decided to explore a bit. These birds were everywhere!
There is something so awesome about crashing waves; I could almost picture pirates coming into this little cove.
I loved watching all the crabs scrambling around the rocks. The strong waves blasting them seemed to have no affect on their grip!
Yes, we are definitely enjoying being together.
I channeled my inner Savannah and collected a ton of shells to take home to the kids.
Although I couldn't take him home with me, this little guy was my favorite!
We pretended to be asleep when the resort photographer came around because we had earlier seen some of the poses he was having the other couples make for their beach shots and there was no way we were going to be that ridiculous. But David couldn't help being goofy for me by copying the "hugging the palm tree" shot.
Watching the sun go down - absolutely beautiful!
Our Day 2 selfie!

After a full day at the beach we ate dinner at the buffet and returned to our room to read and watch Monday Night Football.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Tracie! These posts are so wonderful. What a beautiful vacation. I'm so happy for you!! I can tell you loved it so much. I love that you explored. Thanks for sharing your pictures. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete