Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Chissl Soccer

What is Chissl soccer, you might ask? Well, it's a spring soccer league, kinda like rec because whoever signs up gets to play, but the girls are all assigned to a team based on what middle school they attend. It's a great way to see what the high school teams will look like and get to know some of the girls that might be on your team one day. Since Savannah's travel team only practices in the spring, no games, it was a nice way for her to get additional playing time during the season.
She had a great season, scoring at least one goal in most of her games.
I love how they all look like they're in the air!
Turning on the jets and chasing after that ball!
She even got to play against one of her good friends from church, Carolyn.

At the end of the season I let her coach know that she would be missing the first playoff game due to a school concert that same night. Here is the email he sent me: "Hi. Okay, that's unfortunate, we really do need her to even have a chance. If I had to predict the result, we more than likely won't advance - so please thank Savannah for a great season! Not only is she a very good player, she is a very kind and polite young lady and I really enjoyed having her on my team. Coach Tom" Obviously any parent would love to receive an email like that...that's my Sav!

No comments:

Post a Comment