Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Fall = Soccer

Around our house fall brings soccer, and lots of it! After taking a year off, Xander was back on the soccer field this year, playing for a rec team. He had talked about trying out for a travel team but since he doesn't truly love the sport, we felt that rec would be just fine. Goalie was his position of choice after all the fun training he had at soccer camp; me, I struggle with my kids playing that position. Why do my boys like it so much?
He did a great job in there, whatever my feelings might be.
Ready to send that ball soaring!
Once again Noah was thrilled to start another season of soccer but, as usual, the excitement quickly wore off. He just doesn't seem to enjoy playing for very long although he does hustle when he is on the field.
His look of concentration when he runs or handles the ball is so dang cute!
And then there's Savannah who LOVES soccer and we definitely LOVE watching her play. Her soccer season always starts off with a tournament, this one being up in Pennsylvania.
Let's get this game started!
She has such great ball handling skills...
and her field awareness is top notch.
Savannah and I both laughed about this one - she was definitely fighting that girl for position!
Tournaments can be hard on the boys with multiple games and wait time in between. Thank goodness for the nearby horses at this one that lent a little excitement to their day.
My "cowboys"! Love the stalks of straw in their mouths!
Second game of the day! I love how Savannah is chasing down this girl with the ball..
and takes it away! That's my girl!
A nice header...the ball is just slightly out of the frame.
Teamwork.
There goes my number 7!
Favorite picture of the day. Unlike me, that girl never shies away from headers.

No comments:

Post a Comment