Thursday, March 9, 2017

Special Occassions

Our summer was filled with wonderful trips to the temple and even a wedding performed by David! We were there when our sweet friend Jeanette went through the temple for the first time-
Julie, Jeanette, me and Sheri
and with Logan when he went through before heading off on his mission to Idaho.
We also attended when Nikki Brooks went through but unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of that. We were also blessed to be at the wedding of my dear friend Christian as she married Kevin. A picture of their beautiful boys that I adore!
Her son Rayshod walked her down the aisle.
And look who officiated!! This was my first time seeing David perform a wedding and he did such a great job. It made the whole thing even more special!
Such a special day.
Love her and am so happy for her!
Off to the reception at the ward building. They did an amazing job decorating the cultural hall.
Someone did not appreciate the fact that I made her participate in the bouquet throwing event.
Yeah, she basically just stood there, ha ha!
Christian absolutely loves Savannah. She was her Sunday School teacher for awhile and she always teases Savannah that she's going to marry her son Rayshod. She refers to Savannah as her daughter-in-law.
After several years of waiting the Philadelphia Temple finally had its Open House! We were so excited to walk through this beautiful house of God.
It is such a beautiful temple which so much amazing woodwork and colonial style furnishings and decor. We loved our time there.

I was also able to fulfill a promise I had made earlier in the year to get some of my ancestors sealed by the end of the summer. Throughout the spring and summer I went to the temple multiple times, often by myself, just to make sure that I could get all the work done by August. As the end of the summer approached I did not think I was going to be able to keep that promise but with Heavenly Father all things are possible and, with a true miracle, those sealings took place the day before the temple closed for several months for maintenance. It is an experience I will always treasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment