Monday, March 6, 2017

Swingin' Like Tarzan

Early in the summer the kids discovered that a spot on the river close to our house had a swing so whenever they would get the chance they'd head down there. One afternoon I decided to check it out with them and I'm so glad I did - what a fun spot! Initially Noah was a little nervous to swing although he had already done it a couple of times previously. I can't say I blame him; it's definitely a little nerve wracking to jump off a tree!
But there he goes - my little Tarzan!
All smiles!
This was about all Xander was willing to do.
My fun little crew!
Doing a little exploring.
Savannah decided to give the swing a try...
but ran into a little mishap.
Her feet dragged on the ground and got cut up. Poor girl.
It is such a beautiful spot!
Time for some rock jumping!
These two and their posed pictures...
and Noah and his filthy feet!
And it's back to the tree swing!
And then back to rock jumping! These kids could not get enough!
Before heading home Noah had to get one more swing in. Some teens had shown up and told the kids they needed to go a rung up to avoid the dragging feet but the higher height wasn't a big deal for Noah.
He was a pro by this time!
Xander still wasn't up to it, poor guy.  But neither was I.

Another great summer day!

No comments:

Post a Comment