Thursday, May 30, 2013

Field Trip to the Farm

Ever since I was a chaperone for Xander's first grade class trip to the Baltimore Aquarium, I have avoided signing up again. That field trip was a nightmare for me! I came home that day with a raging migraine and the firm decision to never chaperone another elementary field trip again! But poor Xander was just so devastated when I wouldn't sign up for any field trips this year so I finally relented.  Guess who got picked to be a chaperone for the field trip to the farm? It actually turned out to be quite fun and I enjoyed spending a little extra time with the X-man.

Checking out the new baby chicks. So, so cute! Our guide even brought one out for the kids to touch.
How appropriate, doing the Chicken Dance at the farm.
Planting a sunflower seed which was replanted here at our house and is doing quite well!
Seriously scary picture! Xander looks like a deranged farmer!
 My crazy group! Thank goodness I had another mom along to help me keep them in line. Xander wore that weird red hooded blanket almost the entire time we were there.
Xander and I both loved this horse. He was seriously one of the tallest horses I had ever seen!
Milking a cow!
Don't quite know what Xander was in awe of in this picture but I find his facial expression pretty funny.

All in all we had a great time visiting the farm!

1 comment:

  1. I'll tale your place - I got to chaperon some of my brothers' field trips and LOVED it.

    ReplyDelete