Thursday, June 19, 2014

Field Day

Field Day was held on the most beautiful day this year. Last year the kids were stuck inside due to heavy thunderstorms and the year before that we were all drooping under the extreme heat and humidity but this year was absolutely perfect. We truly have had such a wonderfully long spring this year!
  I got to watch Xander and the other 3rd graders run around, participating in all kinds of fun outdoor relays and activities. Xander had a blast!
Gettin' some air!
Xander is definitely an athletic guy but the hula hoops gave him some trouble. I always struggled with them as well; must be in the blood.
He finally gave up and decided it was much easier to just twirl it around your arm.
Back to some relays which these boys were obviously very serious about!
Enjoying a nice cool treat to end the fun!
Lucky for me the 1st grade had their field day right after Xander's 3rd grade. No hanging around waiting for me...here comes Noah!
Noah and his best friend Ava.
Get ready, get set, GO!!!
Running the bases with a smile on his face!
Noah had a much easier time with the hula hoops.
But he decided it was much more fun to jump through them.
Here come all the fun relays!
Coolin' off with some yummy freezie pops!

2 comments:

  1. Hula hoops are crap, anyway. I could never keep them up either (and Seth is following in my footsteps).

    Just wanted to say I've been loving reading all these posts! I should comment more! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What cuties!! I always loved field day growing up and you captured such great pictures of your kids!!

    ReplyDelete