Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Spring Piano Recital

It's always so wonderful to attend my kids' piano recital and know that all their hours of practice and hard work has paid off. This year Xander kicked off the recital, playing the "Main Theme from Star Wars". He did a fabulous job! He never seems nervous at all, just gets up there and plays his piece.
Savannah, on the other hand, suffers from extreme nervousness, and although she had a few little blips, played her piece, Sarasponda, just beautifully!
A group shot of all the wonderful piano students.

My favorite moments from this recital, other than my children playing, of course, were my friend's sweet daughter singing one of my all time favorite songs "Edelweiss", which brought me to tears, and my other friend's daughter who was so scared to play that when her sister came up to help her with her nerves, she tried to bite her several times. After the recital my friend's remarks about her daughter trying to chew on her sister were hilarious! ("...but that is called cannibalism, my dear children, and is frowned upon in most societies.")

No comments:

Post a Comment