Monday, February 9, 2015

Basketball

Winter brings basketball! Xander was so excited to start his new season with Coach E and the Mavericks! Xander is usually one of the tallest on the team but the kid standing behind him, Judah, is a giant! Good thing he's on our team!
Xander has had some success with his shooting this season and has even hit a few 3's. But the likelihood of Xander making a 3-pointer has gone up since he's started lobbing up more outside shots. One has to go in every once in awhile, right?
Despite a few steals we are still working with him on his defensive skills.

The important thing is for him to learn the fundamentals and have some fun, which he is doing.
Noah missed his first game due to his flu and then I wasn't able to make it to his next game because I was at Xander's. Thank goodness David sent me some pictures so I could see my little basketball rookie. He plays for the Bullets!
He sure is cute out there!
At first he really enjoyed playing and was doing such a great job hustling around the court, getting in to his defensive stance, and trying to grab rebounds. But after the first two games he announced he didn't want to play anymore. He said, "My teammates never pass me the ball because I suck!" Ahhh, it about broke my heart. Thank goodness he has two encouraging coaches who, after I told them Noah's feelings, strived hard to make it fun for him, cheering him on at each and every practice, and involving him in some of the set plays during the games. Once again he is loving basketball!

No comments:

Post a Comment