Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The Nutcracker

When I was about Savannah's age I was obsessed with the ballet The Nutcracker with Mikhail Baryshnikov dancing the part of the Nutcracker Prince. I would rent the video weekly from the neighborhood video store and just watch in awe the beauty of these amazing dancers. I would go up to my room and try to replicate the moves I had seen and even convinced my mom to let me try out ballet lessons. One lesson and I knew I would never be a ballerina but I've never stopped being in love with it. David took me to see The Nutcracker years ago in Salt Lake, before we had kids; that was the last ballet I've been to. Last year as I was reading a friends' blog I saw that she and another friend of mine had taken their daughters to see The Nutcracker at the Hippodrome in downtown Baltimore. So, being who I am, I invited myself and Savannah along with them this year and I'm so glad I did because we had a great time.
Our three cute daughters!
The Hippodrome is a beautiful old building, the perfect setting for our ballet adventure.
It was such a fun mother/daughter date!
And we loved being there with friends.
This was the only picture I got in the main room - no pictures allowed!!
The ballet was wonderful, the dancers fabulous, especially the Arabian dancers. I honestly do not know how the ballerina was able to contort her body into the positions she did. Amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment