Saturday, February 14, 2015

Temple Lights

Confession - in the nine Decembers we've spent in Baltimore we have only been down to see the DC temple lights once. Pathetic! So this year David and I agreed that we must make it a priority...and we still almost missed it! The Saturday after Christmas down we went. Savannah and Xander goofed off the entire drive down which drove David and I batty...
and Noah passed out!
The temple is so, so beautiful!!
If only the kids's faces didn't look so scary or so grumpy! Noah was not thrilled to have been woken up!
The evening was so pleasant that we left our coats in the car. I love when the weather cooperates for outside activities.
This used to be a live manger but no longer.
Next time I'll rethink my wardrobe...wearing a Utah Utes sweatshirt to a Mormon event drew a lot of comments, both annoying and funny.
I was hopeful that most people would have already visited the temple lights but there were still a ton of people there. Still, we made it through the nativity room quickly and with room to breathe.
I took a ton of pictures of the different nativities but these were some of our favorites:
It was such a fun evening spent together.
We stood around waiting forever to get a picture of the lights with the temple in the background until I realized that there was no one taking it from the corner and that ended up being the best shot! Too bad Xander couldn't quite keep his eyes open for this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment