Thursday, February 19, 2015

Goodbye, 2014...Hello, 2015!!

New Year's Eve is usually a low-key event for our family. Last year was the first time we've actually partied it up in years. This year, however, the youth of our church had a New Year's Eve dance/party and I was one of the lucky chaperones.
Let's get this party started! Savannah looks thrilled!
The youth leaders of the Susquehanna ward had come up with tons of different games and music to keep the kids entertained and most of the youth stayed in the gym where the fun was. Some, however, decided that the hallways of the church were where it was most happening so that's where I hung out. Not only did we need a chaperone to make sure the kids stayed in the building but we also didn't want them hiding out in some dark room together - we just wanted them to keep to places where we could easily see them. I tried to get the boys of the "nerd herd", as one of their mothers lovingly refers to them, to teach me about the game they were playing but they were a little anti-social, ha ha!
Some of the older kids, however, had no problem showing off some dramatics for me and my camera!
And then there are always those few kids who refuse to join in the fun anywhere...maybe they're just too cool for it all? Anyway, they lounged around on the couches or walked back and forth down the hall, driving me batty with how many times they asked me why they couldn't just hang out in a room together.
Oh, yes, it's much more fun doing push ups in the hall than joining in with all the other youth in the fun games being played in the gym.
I did walk on my hands for them but unfortunately didn't get a picture of that amazing feat! Mostly I just sat in a chair and watched them mope and lounge. Oh, and they did teach me how to improve my picture settings on Instagram.  Wow, hold me back - I was having way too much fun!!
Every once in awhile I popped into the gym to hang out with the fun kids!
All smiles in here!
Me and my date Melissa! Love her!
Savannah said she had a ton of fun! Clearly she wasn't hangin' out in the halls!
I love her pose here!
Group shot of the fun-lovin' kids!
Happy New Year!!!
The only kisses I got at the strike of midnight.
The party ended at 12:15 and since I had been there all night I gave myself the okay to skiddadle on home without helping the clean up crew. When Savannah and I got home I found my two little guys still awake, camped out in the family room watching The Twilight Zone marathon. David was in bed!
Welcome, 2015!
New Year's Day was a lazy day at home. We all slept in and then spent the rest of the day munching, watching more of The Twilight Zone, putting together Legos, and watching football!

No comments:

Post a Comment