Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Sav's Disney Soccer Trip - Day 3

Sunday was a beautiful day! We got to sleep in a bit and then off we went to the rental car place to pick up a car and get to church. As we were driving along I kept my eye out for the various wildlife, plants, and trees that I always love looking at in each area we visit. This tree with the drooping, mossy leaves caught my eye.
And who doesn't love seeing an American flag horse?
But Savannah and I were both extremely excited to pull into the church parking lot and see the Washburn van! Okay, so it wasn't really the Washburn's van but there is a Washburn style van in every Mormon church parking lot, I swear it!
We only attended sacrament meeting but it was wonderful. As Savannah and I sat there, partaking of the sacrament, my thoughts turned to the covenant I was renewing and the promises both Savannah and I had made at baptism. I couldn't help but feel proud of her for being right next to me at church, participating in this ordinance. Church started at 11:00 and so did her team's first game of the day. It is not always easy to follow the commandments and keep our covenants but it is always the right thing to do.
After church we headed off to the Orlando temple which was about 15 minutes away. I'm so glad we did because it was absolutely beautiful and was such a great place to spend our Sunday afternoon.
Savannah wanted to make sure she got a picture with a palm tree.
Temple selfie!
We met this really sweet family visiting from New Zealand and one of the daughters took this fabulous picture of me, Savannah, and the temple.
We spent about an hour there, walking around, talking, and just enjoying the beautiful afternoon and the spirit one always feels on temple grounds. We then made our way back to the rental car place and then the hotel. We took naps, read, and wrote in our journals. We were planning on joining the team for dinner but they were going out kinda late so Savannah and I just decided to pick up dinner at the hotel and get to bed early. I sure do love hanging out with this girl of mine!

Another wonderful day in Florida!

No comments:

Post a Comment