Sunday, January 29, 2017

Swim Season

The boys had such a great time being part of the Belcamp swim team over the summer.
It was even more fun because a bunch of kids from church joined the team so there were always plenty of friends to hang out with during the wait time in between races.
Swim buddies - Jack, Gabe, and Noah!
To help out the team I went through the training to be an official. Check out my snazzy white polo and navy shorts I got to wear for each meet. And there's little Noah, about to dive in.
Working on that freestyle!
And it's Xander's turn to be in my lane. I really enjoyed being an official, especially because it made the meets go by really quickly. I did hate DQing little kids, though. Thank goodness I never had to DQ my own.
The boys had one meet inside...
but the rest were outside, early on Saturday mornings and Wednesday evenings. It was awesome to watch the boys' times improve over the course of the season!
And finally, at the last meet of the summer, each of the boys won their very first heat ribbon (first place in their heat)! I was so proud of them. Butterfly for Xander...
and backstroke for Noah. Noah actually touched the wall and then turned to continue on with the race, planning to swim a 50 rather than a 25. Everyone was yelling "Noah, stop", trying to get his attention, but he was cranking it back down the lane. Finally, about midway, he much have sensed something and stopped, looking around him at the other lanes empty of swimmers. It was super cute although I was a little worried they were going to DQ him. Thank goodness they didn't and he got that ribbon!


We celebrated the season with a team party that involved a lot of food and recognition and awards for all the swimmers.
The boys both told me that they are planning on swimming again next summer, they loved it so much! Go Piranhas!

No comments:

Post a Comment