Sunday, November 28, 2021

Basketball - Kenwood and Elkton

Our first official game of the season was against Kenwood. Although Xander didn't get much playing time, when he was in he worked hard. He seems to get along with his teammates and I'm really enjoying watching our guys play. We've got a great team!
I even ran into one of my favorite students, Dylan. We didn't have the best start - he was the biggest pain in the neck in an English class I subbed for. I had to have daily Dr Peppers after having him in class for a week. One day I was so irritated with him but trying to keep my cool and he asked me if I had a headache. I told him that yes, I had a headache - it was him, ha ha! As he got older he got better and I always tell him he has a thousand watt smile.
Unfortunately we fell a little short at Kenwood and lost 54-50. What a heartbreaker!
Next we faced Elkton up at their home court. Going in we knew it would be tough because their Varsity team is undeated so we figured the JV would follow suit. The game was really exciting and Xander got in for a bit, doing a great job grabbing some rebounds. Each game we're definitely seeing improvement.
I really like his coach, Coach Beach. He stays pretty calm with the boys and is very upbeat and positive.
This time we came away with the win, 54-36. We stayed for the first quarter of the Varsity game and the place was hopping! It's not a very big gym and it was packed. I wished we could have stayed because it was so exciting but Xander had to get home. We found out later that our guys had lost. Boo!

No comments:

Post a Comment