Sunday, June 25, 2023

One Year

One year ago we said goodbye to my dad. It's been a year filled with tears, grief, and all the firsts without him. But it's also been a year overflowing with tender mercies and loving kindessess from a loving Heavenly Father, a year full of comfort and peace, a year of extreme goodness from so mamy "angels" here on earth. Today Mom, Heidi, and I visited his grave where his headstone is finally in place. We shared memories, a video of my dad, some tears, and some hugs. I read this scripture from Job 42 that I feel captures my experience this past year: "I have heard of thee by the hearing of the ear, but now mine eye seeth thee." I am so grateful for my amazing dad and the example he set for me. Oh, how I miss him! And I am so grateful for God's beautiful plan of happiness that enables me to see my dad again one day and that our family will be together forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment