Saturday, August 26, 2023

Heading into March

Starting March off with some fun things! 
On a terribly stormy night, Xander went with me to watch some of my students and young women perform in the junior high's musical, Madagascar. They did such a fabulous job!!
David, McKenna, and I headed up to Dayton on a Saturday morning to participate in Soap Up Dayton. We learned about human trafficking in our area of Ohio and then distributed soaps with a human trafficking hotline number on them to various hotels in the area. We always talk about horrible things going on in our world and how we can fight back and this made us feel like we were making a small difference. We definitely plan on doing it again.
Some of the hotels we went to were a little sketch, ha ha.
Treasuring every I have with my Xander.
Spa night with my young women that included facials, fingernail painting, and foot massages.
I volunteered for our DAR chapter at the Springboro Expo where we had a booth and shared information about joining the DAR. I really enjoyed talking to various people about the wonderful things we do but  my absolute favorite part of the day was pinning Vietnam vets. We had several walk by and we were able to recognize and pin those who hadn't received their special Vietnam War Veteran commemorative pin. I tried to fight back the tears with each one, especially when they themselves got emotional. It was a memorable experience, one I will truly treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment