Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Beautiful Music

One of my favorite events in December is the kids' winter piano recital and this year was Xander's first time playing!
His excitement outweighed his nervousness and he got up there to announce his piece like a pro.
Xander did a fabulous job playing Jingle Bells!
His teacher then joined him the second time through for a duet.
Savannah did a wonderful job playing Go Tell It On the Mountain.
Once the piano recital was finished, Savannah joined her choir group (a bunch of home schooled kids that she takes choir with) to put on a beautiful musical Christmas program.
She had a few speaking parts but one longer part was absolutely the cheesiest thing I'd ever heard; I think I was the only parent who laughed out loud at their child's lines. But seriously, "Baby Jesus, I love you"? It was just too much for me although Savannah delivered it well.

No comments:

Post a Comment