Thursday, July 6, 2017

The Walters

The kids were off for another snow day but the roads were clear and the weather was decent so Bryan and I decided to stick to our original plan of visiting the Walters Museum in Baltimore. We just had to get all the snow and ice off my windshield first. Thank goodness Bryan came out to help me because I was having no luck!
He really put some muscle into it...with a little serial killer thrown in!
Absolutely everything is perfect about this picture!
What a treasure this place is. Other than the construction on the roads all around it that had us driving by it three times before I could figure out how to get in the parking lot, it's in a great spot in the city and easy to find. Plus, it's free!
We checked out the Egyptian section first because it's my favorite and I have a very kind brother. I was amazed at how much they had!
Bryan and I could not get over how brilliant this blue was! It was absolutely stunning!
Every room is filled with outstanding pieces from so many different areas of the ancient world.

After leaving the ancient world, we discovered rooms filled with Middle Age as well as more modern artifacts.
A few things from Central and South America for Bryan.
I always take lots of pictures of the knights for Noah.
We had lunch at this neat little restaurant across the street and then were planning on exploring some of the historic neighborhood and monuments right by the museum but I can't even begin to explain how frigidly cold it was so we decided to just hurry to the car. The wind was blowing, making it even more miserable. I grabbed this one quick picture of Bryan before frostbite had a chance to set in.

No comments:

Post a Comment