Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Life in February

David remained unemployed throughout February so he spent a lot of time at the temple and I joined him when I wasn't working. What a blessing it is to have a temple nearby where we can go to receive guidance and direction and feel Heavenly Father's love and peace.
Unemployment also brings lots of time with dad which the kids love! More snuggles and cuddles!
For the past few years subbing has been something to bring in a little extra money and give me something to do that I enjoy but during this trial in our lives it made a huge difference. All I know is I'm glad I'm not always the breadwinner of the family. I do enjoy subbing, though, and love all the students I have gotten to know better.  They make me laugh, they annoy me to no end, they frustrate me, they put a smile on my face, they teach me patience and kindness and different ways to look at the world, and they inspire me to get going and earn my teaching certificate!  Oh, and they also get me donuts...
and a rose and goodies on Valentine's Day!
I still turn to reading as my favorite pastime and once again earned a mug from the library's winter reading program.
My mom and dad, who were amazingly supportive during the whole crappy unemployment thing, surprised us with a special treat - dinner at Red Robin and going to see the new Marvel movie, Black Panther. It felt so good to do something fun as a family!
We even got a little snow in February!
We always treasure time with our favorite elders! Elder Steenblik instructed us on the Plan of Salvation...
before all the shenanigans started!
Elder Coombs is Xander's hero and he is striving to "measure up" to him. I can't think of a finer young man for Xander to try to emulate.
And this is totally how taking a simple group photo in our house goes...
Good enough!
Elder Coombs borrowing Noah's robe...
and then the arm wrestling began.
Or finger wrestling, in this case.

Despite the cold weather and the trials in our life, we were able to take joy in the many blessings we continued to see in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment