Wednesday, April 20, 2022

Seminary on Zoom

When life outside the home was basically cancelled, seminary was obviously included in that. I was devastated! The direction given to seminary teachers was to have students do the online work and to hold a zoom class once or twice a week. So, the first week I did that and it was okay. But some time during the second week I received the strongest impression to hold a daily zoom seminary class for those who would like to attend with the mandatory class still meeting on Friday. I threw it out there to the kids and there were several of them that were very interested. So every day we met at 11:00 and it was wonderful. It was much harder than in a classroom but I had a core group that was always there and it was such a great connection to have during such a difficult time. I even had some of the 8th graders, my future class members, start to attend with their older siblings. I tried to make it fun, like the time I told everyone to come to class in disguise the day we read about Abinadi coming among the people in disguise.
I loved how they fully embraced the challenge, with some of them even changing the name on their computer! Jack and Grace,
Sydney, Chloe, and Sidney,
the Dalling twins, Molly, and Evan.
On May 4th we dressed up as Star Wars characters. I loved Molly's Princess Leia hair and was extremely impressed with Emily's Darth Maul makeup!!
Grace as Lando Calrissian was hilarious and of course Evan was sporting the trendy Chewbacca mask.
Some Cinco de Mayo fun...
crazy hair day...
and spirit wear.
So grateful for the technology that kept us connected! What a blessing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment