Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Utah = Cute Nieces

The first weekend in June I was lucky enough to fly out to Utah to attend a wedding. There were several different highlights of this trip, the first being I got to stay with my sister Kelly and her husband Jared and spend tons of time with my two cute little nieces!
It's been three years since I've been to Utah and it's easy to forget how ginormous the mountains are!
Kelly and her girls met me at the airport and from that point on they spoiled me tremendously. We had a fun car ride home, with lots of smiles from Aveleen...
and a chocolate face from Swede. (I had given her some mini M&M's to get her to sit in her car seat. Yes, they got all over everything.)
They bought me delicious Cafe Rio and a HUGE Dr. Pepper for lunch and then we headed off to Deseret Book and the mall for the afternoon.
Those piggies!
They kept me laughing the five days I got to stay with them.
I was introduced to Aveleen's My Little Pony stuffed animals though unfortunately, and she would be so disappointed in me, I have forgotten all their names. I remember something with Rainbow and Princess and Cupcakes and maybe a few Sparkles and Glitters.
And I found out how important Kitty is to Swede and helped make sure we never left home without her.
We spent some early mornings together; thank goodness they liked the coloring gifts I brought.
I love these two little monkeys!
One afternoon while Aveleen attended a Fairy Tea Party,
Kelly, Swede, and I fed some ducks,
tried on fancy clothes,
and snuggled with a soft, overgrown bear.
As I mentioned earlier, they spoiled me rotten. The girls even helped their mom make me pancakes for breakfast one morning!
Such cute little helpers!
Voila! Tasty Mickey Mouse pancakes!
One afternoon we encountered a very aggressive black spider while playing in the front yard. He seemed innocent enough...
until I got too close. He pulled his swords on me and was not going to back down! I've never seen a spider do this! It was intense!
My last day there Kelly and Jared had a jam out session with the girls in their car; it was awesome!
Sitting in the back with my nieces was true entertainment!

It was such a blessing to be able to stay with them. I love them to pieces and can't wait to see them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment