Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Time With Grandma and Grandpa

While David and I were enjoying our time in Paris, the kids were lucky enough to have Grandma and Grandpa Schaeffer watch them. Grandpa arrived bearing gifts of money for participating in, and in some cases, winning, in the Schaeffer Family March Madness tournament. The kids were very excited to receive their certificates and winnings!
One day while away I received this picture from my mom. Clearly, the boys are in good hands with this muscle Grandpa!
And I can't think of anyone better to help Noah through his devastating loss of Smaug Jr. than my parents. Not only did they take him to Petsmart to get a new bearded dragon but they helped him hold a very special funeral for Smaug Jr. Dad told me that Noah had placed little Smaug Jr.'s body in a box and labeled it with his name, his dates that he was with Noah, and on the bottom the words: My Little Treasure. Thank goodness for my wonderful, caring parents.
When we got home Noah was so excited to have us meet his new guy, Rocket! Apparently when Noah went to choose his new dragon, Rocket came right down to the glass when he saw Noah and started jumping around.  Clearly he was meant to come to our home.
Noah showing off his artistic skills with Grandma.
I am so very, very grateful for such wonderful parents who were willing to stay with the kids so David and I could take this trip. It's not easy keeping up with our schedule but they are pros and I never worried for a single second while I was away. My kids were in the best of hands with two people who truly love them and had fun with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment