Friday, December 8, 2017

Young Women Fun in May

In May we started getting ready for girls camp by spending one evening sewing lanyards for the whatchamacallit pins they would be exchanging at camp.
It's always fun to see Savannah behind a sewing machine!
We also did our camp fundraiser which was babysitting kids for three hours on a Friday night at the church. It was exhausting! The young women helped some of the older kids made pasta necklaces...
while the younger ones played in the nursery.
We headed into the gym to get some wiggles out...
and get our goof on!
We took a bunch of silly selfies!
The movie of choice was Trolls which I had never seen before. I asked the kids if it was scary but they assured me it wasn't and that there was even a part where you get to see a troll's bum. I acted stunned and announced that that was a little inappropriate. When the part came on I acted shocked and covered my mouth but the kids just laughed at me.
I think most of the kids had seen Trolls one too many times because about 20 minutes in most of them were ready to head back into the gym for some more games and running around fun.
Some more silly faces to pass the time.
Our combined YM/YW activity for the month was a ton of fun - the youth made their own miniature golf course!
For the first half of the activity little groups constructed their hole.
Harrison checking his out to make sure it works.
They were all super creative!
And then it was time to golf. Such a fun night!

No comments:

Post a Comment