Sunday, January 13, 2019

Special Visit Number One

Mom and Dad always love coming for a visit in the fall so they can watch the kids play sports. Unfortunately the timing for Xander's ordination to the office of teacher was at the end of the month and Savannah's soccer season was going to end about a week and a half before that. So, with my dad proclaiming his new motto of "I want it all", they headed out for their first October visit. Not only did they get to see Savannah play soccer and the boys play football but they got to spend a full week just hanging out with us, making memories.
They treated the whole family to dinner at La Tolteca where we stuffed ourselves on our favorite guacamole dip!
And Noah took advantage of my good mood from my parents being here that I allowed him to have churros for his meal.
They treated me to lunch several times and then David took all of us out to dinner at Bubba Gumps at the Inner Harbor...
and then to the Hippodrome to see Les Miserable as one of my birthday presents.
Other than the drunk grandma sitting behind us who kept speaking in a normal voice to her family members, almost fell on her face as she headed out to the bathroom, was told by her son to "shut up!", bawled and I mean BAWLED during several emotional scenes, and at the end, as we all applauded, kept shouting out, "My heart! Oh, you have my heart!"...other than all that, it was an absolutely amazing production!
Savannah getting a little help from her grandpa in the kitchen.
How we spent a large part of each day - hanging out in the front room, my dad working on his Sunday School lesson, me indexing, my mom knitting, and lots of conversation. It was a great first visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment