Thursday, April 9, 2020

Hershey with Xander

Xander LOVES amusement parks so, earlier in the spring, he had purchased four discounted tickets for Hershey Park that needed to be used before September. Well, here we were, the beginning of August, and he still hadn't used any of them. He was struggling to find a friend who could go with him so the poor kid had to spend the day with his not so young mom. Seriously, after the third roller coaster I had to give myself a pep talk: "Don't throw up, don't throw up." He was so patient with me and we truly did have a fabulous day together!
It was so incredibly hot! These strawberry lemonades sure hit the spot!!
Xander had to ride a lot of the roller coasters without me so while I would sit and wait for him, I'd people watch. Or Hershey character watch.
Because of my bad back and hip, I got one of those nifty fast passes so we didn't have to wait in incredibly long lines. The longest wait of the day was for this cool ride where you zap villains, kinda like the Buzz Lightyear ride at Disney. With my fast pass we were able to bypass the long line and ride it a ton of times. Xander got really good!
Pretty much sums up the way I felt on every single roller coaster!
A nice break from all the walking and hustle of the day - a ride on the ferris wheel.
What a gorgeous view!!
Treatin' ourselves to some yummy funnel cake!!
Some final rides for the day.
Posing with a few friends before heading out!

What a great day with my Xanderman!

No comments:

Post a Comment