Sunday, April 26, 2020

Seminary Kickoff!

My classroom was ready...
some kids had even saved seats...
a few little sugary breakfast items to keep them awake...
our new board just waiting for students' thought hearts...
and I'm all ready to go!! Time to return to seminary!!
We made it through the first week of seminary with flying colors!  I lost one student from last year, Felix, but gained five new freshmen, one girl and four boys, including my Xander, As we worked through the first of year lessons, we were able to get back into the groove and teach our newbies the "seminary way".
On our first day Lydia demonstrated how difficult it is to carry our burdens by ourselves;
Harrison jumped in to show how much lighter our burdens become when we yoke ourselves to the Savior.
And we grabbed some first day pictures. My fun group of kids...
and my own!
The rest of the week I got them working in groups (in the hall since our classroom was like a swamp) to prepare to teach the class about Premortal, Mortal, and Postmortal life.
And Friday we had our first breakfast! Yay!!
The kids always do such a great job when they're teaching the lesson.
Plus I love getting new artwork for the classroom.
This year I'm having the students write thoughts, impressions, truths learned, etc. on hearts and the plan is to fill up the wall with the things that touch our hearts each week.

No comments:

Post a Comment