Sunday, March 19, 2023

Joining the DAR

Mom and Kelly have both been members of the Daughters of the American Revolution for years and have always encouraged Heidi and I to join. With so many other things going on in my life I've never really had the interest. But then Heidi started talking about how we should join and we got the process going and attended our first meeting in December 2021. I was super excited thinking that Heidi and I could do this together and get involved in doing some good things through this organization. And then Heidi never went back! But I have continued to go and in May 2022 I was sworn in, along with 2 others, as the newest members of the Jonathan Wright chapter.
I'm so proud to be a member of this wonderful organization that is committed to historical preservation, patriotism, and education.

No comments:

Post a Comment